Emma joined Richard Newton Consulting in 2019 after a twenty-year career working with Voluntary and Community organisations in London and the West Country including Southwark Action for Voluntary Organisations, Business in the Community, CVS South Gloucestershire, Quartet Community Foundation, and Bristol After Stroke.
Having worked in Urban Regeneration, Community Development, Voluntary Sector Infrastructure and for a Local Grant Funder, she brings a well-rounded and down-to-earth perspective to the challenges of the third sector. Her particular passion is turning brilliant ideas into Sustainable Projects for her third-sector clients.
Within her Fundraising work, Emma brings experience and perspective on the trajectory of the process from the research, planning, grant writing and application to the funders’ assessment and decision-making side through to monitoring and evaluation. Emma is committed to embedding her knowledge within organisations to support their long-term fundraising strategies.
Over the course of her career, Emma has raised nearly £2million:
- Over £600,000 for early years and childcare from Single Regeneration Budget programmes in Southwark
- £440,000 for voluntary sector partnerships in South Gloucestershire from Capacity Builders, Big Lottery Fund, including negotiating new local authority funding for voluntary sector development.
- Over £200,000 for Bristol After Stroke in three years from trusts, foundations, companies, and individual donors.
- Over £600,000 in 18 months for the Afghanistan & Central Asian Association from a range of philanthropic and statutory sources including National Lottery Community Fund, Henry Smith Charity, London Funders, and BBC Children in Need.
- £35,000 for Covid-19 recovery projects led by Cardiff-based CIC FreshTies.
- £25,000 for arts projects in Somerset and Portsmouth.
Member of the Institute of Fundraising
Trustee of Children’s Scrapstore.
BA (Hons) Planning Studies, Oxford Polytechnic (1989)
MA Urban Design, Oxford Polytechnic (1991)
Accredited Funding Advisor (OCN Level 3) (2006)
Out of Office
After 21 years of bringing up two boys, Emma finally has more time to herself! She loves gardening and landscape – urban and rural – which she documents with photos and video. She’s rediscovered the French language through Netflix boxsets. Emma thoroughly recommends “Call My Agent”.